A 3-day course for those new to Lean and Disciplined Agile
This course a special bundled course of our Fundations of Lean, DA and Choose your WoW.
This Course is a 3 full day or 6 1/2 days course. This one of our most popular bundles.
When we start adopting an Agile way of working, reality quickly proves to be much more complex than expected. Do you need to employ concepts such as eliminating waste, cost of delay, quality, rapid feedback and response, and the role of management? Would you like to understand all aspects of Disciplined Agile, including its conceptual basis, how it is organized, roles and team structures, and its overall scope?
As a team leader, you strive to be more agile and help your team be more productive. To succeed, you need an agile mindset, combined with leadership and team management skills. At the same time need to do so within the context of your organization and its culture. The Disciplined Agile Lean Scrum Master (DALSM) training and certification provide tools and strategies to help you lead an agile team, influence people, remove impediments and tailor your team’s way of working (WoW) so it matches and reflects the unique situation of your unique team.
Upon completion of this workshop, you will be prepared to begin your Disciplined Agile certification journey.
Lean helps you focus on the flow of value to the customer quickly, sustainably, reliably, and with high quality. Lean is not a packaged solution; rather it uses lean thinking to guide an organization’s transformation towards business agility. It looks at the whole system and across all of the value streams. To achieve this, lean employs concepts such as eliminating waste, cost of delay, quality, rapid feedback and response, and the role of management.
This workshop teaches you how to create an environment for achieving agility within your team while working towards a quick realization of value using lean thinking. Games, simulations and group discussions reinforce the practices learned.
- What lean is and what it is not
- Value: understanding the value of the products and services we provide
- The value stream: understanding how we provide this value
- Flow: understanding how our work is done most effectively
- Pull: understanding a different way of managing work
- Perfection: we strive for perfection, not so much to achieve it but to continuously improve
- Students to purchase and use during the workshop: Choose Your WoW!: A Disciplined Agile Delivery Handbook for Optimizing Your Way of Working (WoW) by Scott Ambler & Mark Lines
After passing the Disciplined Agile Certification Test you will be awarded the Certified Disciplined Agilist (CDA) designation.
Based on your experience with agile teams, you may apply for the following designations:
- with PMI-ACP or references for a minimum 2 years agile team experience – Certified Disciplined Agile Practitioner (CDAP)
- with references for a minimum 2 years agile team lead experience as a Team Lead, Scrum Master, Product Owner or Architecture Owner – Disciplined Agile Lean Scrum Master (DALSM)
Disciplined Agile (DA) is a process-decision tool kit that provides straightforward guidance to help people, teams, and organizations to streamline their processes in a context-sensitive manner.
DA provides a solid foundation for business agility by showing how the various activities such as Solution Delivery (software development), IT Operations, Enterprise Architecture, Portfolio Management, Security, Finance, Vendor Management and many others work together. DA also describes what these activities should address, provides a range of options for doing so, and describes the trade-offs associated with each option.
Lean 1/2 Days Wed, June 3 – Thurs, June 4 – DA & WoW Full Day Sat, Jun 6, June 13
EST (GMT/UTC-5) 3pm-7pm 1/2 days, 9am-5pm full days
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.