Foundations of LeanJune 7, 2013
Foundations of AgileJune 30, 2020
Foundations of Agile
A 1-day course for anyone new to Agile
- Student workbook
- Virtual classroom exercises with a live instructor & coach who practices Disciplined Agile in their work and with clients every day
- Attendees earn the designation of Disciplined Agilist
- See how to claim PMI PDU’s
Disciplined Agile: Foundations of Agile
Ever wonder what it is like to work on an Agile team? Sure, on the surface Agile looks simple and straightforward. In practice, though, when we start adopting an Agile way of working, reality quickly proves to be much more complex than expected. This module teaches you the foundation for successfully starting an Agile way of working (WoW) inside your team.
This module is not technical and is recommended for all team members new to Agile. Games, simulations and group discussions reinforce the practices learned.
By the completion of this module, you are able to:
- Apply an iterative way of working inside your team
- Describe the artifacts, roles and ceremonies of an iterative way of working
- Utilize a work board and information radiator
- Write user stories and estimate them
- Gather requirements in a collaborative way
- The big agile picture
- Planning the first iteration
- Running the first iteration
- Information radiators
- Agile team roles
- Agile ceremonies
- Demonstration and retrospective of the first iteration
- Planning the second iteration
- Running the second iteration
- User stories and estimation
- Test-first approach
- Dealing with change
- Demonstration of the second iteration
- Retrospective of the module
About Disciplined Agile (DA)
Disciplined Agile (DA) is a process-decision tool kit that provides straightforward guidance to help people, teams, and organizations to streamline their processes in a context-sensitive manner.
DA provides a solid foundation for business agility by showing how the various activities such as Solution Delivery (software development), IT Operations, Enterprise Architecture, Portfolio Management, Security, Finance, Vendor Management and many others work together. DA also describes what these activities should address, provides a range of options for doing so, and describes the trade-offs associated with each option.
- Mindset. Builds on the foundations of agile and lean to address enterprise realities.
- People. Roles, responsibilities, and team structures.
- Flow. This captures the dynamic aspects of processes via lifecycle diagrams and workflow diagrams.
- Practices. Small strategies/techniques. Goal diagrams are a high-level pick list of practices.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Additional text for event
Day 1: August 04, 2020
Start time: 07:30 a.m. PDT
End time: 04:00 p.m. PDT
Venue: Virtual Class
Phone: +1 778 404 1718