A 1-day course for anyone new to Lean
Lean helps you focus on the flow of value to the customer quickly, sustainably, reliably, and with high quality. Lean is not a packaged solution; rather it uses lean thinking to guide an organization’s transformation towards business agility. It looks at the whole system and across all of the value streams. To achieve this, lean employs concepts such as eliminating waste, cost of delay, quality, rapid feedback and response, and the role of management.
This workshop teaches you how to create an environment for achieving agility within your team while working towards a quick realization of value using lean thinking. Games, simulations and group discussions reinforce the practices learned.
Foundations of Lean:
- What lean is and what it is not
- Value: understanding the value of the products and services we provide
- The value stream: understanding how we provide this value
- Flow: understanding how our work is done most effectively
- Pull: understanding a different way of managing work
- Perfection: we strive for perfection, not so much to achieve it but to continuously improve
- Students to purchase and use during the workshop: Choose Your WoW!: A Disciplined Agile Delivery Handbook for Optimizing Your Way of Working (WoW) by Scott Ambler & Mark Lines
Disciplined Agile (DA) is a process-decision tool kit that provides straightforward guidance to help people, teams, and organizations to streamline their processes in a context-sensitive manner.
DA provides a solid foundation for business agility by showing how the various activities such as Solution Delivery (software development), IT Operations, Enterprise Architecture, Portfolio Management, Security, Finance, Vendor Management and many others work together. DA also describes what these activities should address, provides a range of options for doing so, and describes the trade-offs associated with each option.
July 11, August 4
PST (GMT/UTC-7) 7:30AM-4:00PM, CST (GMT/UTC-5), EST (GMT/UTC-4), BST (GMT/UTC+1)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Day 1: July 11, 2020
Start time: 07:30 PDT
End time: 16:00 PDT